I will be abiding by the DX Code of conduct during this operation and ask that everyone trying to work me abide by the same. Our bands are a scarce resource and many people will want to try and make contact whilst I am there. Please listen and respect if I am calling a specific area or a specific prefix/call letter. I will try and share the contacts around but be respectful of your fellow amateurs in the far ends of the earth who will struggle to work me at this stage in the sunspot cycle.
I will be operating split most of the time and will announce the offset regularly. Please listen closely so you don’t inadvertently cause QRM to your fellow DXers.
Duplicate & Calling Policy
As this is a one man expedition with a single transmitter, please try and only work me once unless you see me calling CQ with no takers. While I will work duplicates in case you feel you didn’t get in the log the first time, I would prefer to be handing out ATNOs and New Band contacts rather than repeatedly working the same stations multiple times on the same band.
NOTE to Stations in Oceania, South America and Africa – if I am calling for a specific area like EU or NA, I will still accept calls from OC, SA and AF as well at any time. The number of stations in those regions is small and the disruption from receiving calls from those areas is expected to be minimal.
If you are however in AS, EU or NA, please respect your fellow DXers if you hear me calling for one of those specific areas and hold your transmissions until I do a general all areas call again. I will be making a point of sharing it around as I want to work you all, but at specific times to locations with short propagation windows I will request those specific call areas.
I will also be watching the DX Cluster (as much as my internet access will allow) so if I am being heard in an unusual area for a given band / time of day but am not calling that area, try a SWL spot on the cluster to let me know I am being heard and I will try and call your area.
- I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling.
- I will only call if I can copy the DX station properly.
- I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the DX station’s call sign before calling.
- I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot.
- I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
- I will always send my full call sign.
- I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will not call continuously.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.
- I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas other than mine.
- When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.
- I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.
- I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect.