Where are we located on Tonga?
Our base for the expedition will be the Teukava Beach Oasis resort. We have exclusive use of the facility so that our Amateur Radio activities wont disturb other guests!
IOTA Reference: OC-049 (Tongatapu)
Maidenhead Grid Square: AG28hw
Lat/Long: 21° 4’10.18″S, 175°20’3.55″W
Our station equipment is all owned by the expedition team members – some of which has been specifically purchased for this expedition.
- 2x Elecraft K3/K3S Stations + SPE Expert 1.5K-FA or Elecraft KPA500 Linear Amplifiers + MicroHam micro KEYER II
- 1x IC706Mk2G Backup Station + Signalink interface
- Array Solutions set of W3NQN Filters (160-15m)
- Codan 3020 Power Supplies
- 80/160m – 12m high inverted L – tuneable as a 1/4 vertical from 40-10m – built on a Spiderbeam 12m Fibreglass Mast
- 40m – 4 square array (Homebrew)
- 30m – 4 square array (Homebrew)
- 20-10m – 2 element Hex Beam (MW0JZE portable model) – supported on a Spiderbeam 10m Aluminium Mast
- 6m EME – 6 element InnovAntenna 6m Beam – supported on a Spiderbeam 10m Aluminium Mast
- Coaxial Cables – Messi & Paoloni Hyperflexx 7 (over 200m worth) + Hyperflex 13 (for the 6m EME station) – sponsored by Messi & Paoloni and RF Solutions in Australia
- Logging Software – N1MM
- Digital Modes – WSJT-X, MMTTY, GRITTY, 2-Tone, FLDigi